Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jack




This is my grandfather, Jack Galloway, with his first great-grandson, who bears the name of his first grandson (my brother Sean). Jack turned 82 this spring and has been coming to the Knoll for summers since he graduated from Notre Dame in the summer of 1947. Jack and little Sean have a special bond.... Jack would hold Sean for an hour or more at a time, they would fall asleep together (in the chair), rock together on the porch, and just be content together in the cool Knobby Knoll air. Jack loves babies and many times last week he opened up and spoke freely about his memories of raising their seven babies! Sean would just snuggle into Jack's arm and they were both so peaceful!
Here are me, cody, Emmy and Jack enjoying a sleeping baby at Emmy's 80th Birthday celebration.

2 comments:

Denise said...

GREAT pictures of Jack! He really does love babies. I wish I had been there to hear the stories. Don't forget them!

G.G. said...

I love this pic of Jack & Sean! It is one of my very favorites! G.G.