Thursday, January 21, 2010

Preggers




28 weeks and counting.... I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by! In the hectic flurry of taking care of sean's eyes I decided I wanted a "known" factor in our lives, and that we could find out the sex of our baby (Cody always wanted to find out and graciously left the decision up to me). I had been leaning toward not finding out, but changed my mind at the last minute in an attempt to gain some control over our life right now. And...



Sean will have a baby brother :). Two boys in less than two years in the Groeber home! Life is hectic and joyful for us right now, and I only anticipate more of both. Obviously, there are benefits to either a boy or a girl, and I *honestly* did not have a preference, but when the ultrasound lady told me it was a boy, I was overcome with joy at the thought of these two little brothers pal-ing around. I have yet to make it through an ultrasound for any of our babies without crying.


In the meantime, I have been "eating everything in sight" according to Cody. Hey, when else in life is it socially acceptable to eat anything and everything you want whenever you want it? Besides, the first half of my pregnancies tend to be pretty heavy on the morning (ahem, all day) sickness, so I'm making up for those months of misery now.

As for Sean, if you ask him where the baby is or where his brother is he runs over to me with a big grin and pats my belly. Here's a shot of him the other day saying "goodnight" and snuggling with the baby. He is too sweet. That's all for now, I have some cookies 'n cream ice cream in the freezer calling my name....

4 comments:

B said...

Wow Erin. You are nice and big! You look great!!

B-Mama said...

Beautiful mama! You know we love boys--welcome little blue bonnet boy!! He and Sean are going to be best of friends...

CurtisKids said...

You look fantastic!!!!

Denise said...

why is that picture with Sean sticking his tongue out so hilarious?

oh, and all my friends here agree, you are a super-cute pregnant lady!