Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Man

For the last two days Sean has been "writing songs" about the goings-on around him. Its so sweet to hear his little voice and hear his little thoughts put to tune--

Last night we had some friends over for dinner and he politely interrupted, saying,

"Excuse me, Mommy--I wrote a song about Mommies." Here it is:
(to any musical tune, as his changes from performance to performance):
"Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy, may I have some more milk please Mommy?"

Then he was duly excused from dinner and went to play with Jamesie--only to return to the table a few minutes later to report,
"Excuse me Mommy-I wrote a song about Jamesies"  Here it is:
"Jamesie Jamesie Jamesie--No! No! No!" 

Apparently the song about Jamesies and song about Mommies share the common thread of the most frequent thing he says to each of us:  begging me for more milk and telling Jamesie "no no." 

This morning we drove Cody into work and on the way home Sean informed me, "I wrote a song about cars and trucks"  Here it is (with appropriate pronunciation):
"Ca-hs and trucks are going so fast, Ca-hs and trucks are going so fast, that means its time to say good-moyning."

Then, without announcing this song, I heard him singing:
"Twinkle twinkle little star, I know what you are, up above the sky, you are like a diamond and a square and a rectangle." 


Sean also wrote a song about Daddies, but it just goes "Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy."  Still working on creativity. 

3 comments:

Denise said...

He's killing me!

Carrie Mofo said...

1) Tell Cody I have the matching hat to his Sackets Harbor Fire Dept. shirt. (I found it on the beach at Knobby Knoll. No, I'm not giving it to him.)
2) If Sean B. was a girl, you could put him on Toddlers and Tiaras---he'd steal the show. Seriously.
3) I think Sean B. is smarter than I am. Clearly.

Denise said...

There are boys in Toddlers & Tiaras too, scarily. He could totally win.