Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Catch up

Here are some pictures to go with our last post about our post-partum glow.  Enjoy:

There's been lots and lots of this--a brother holding Sissy

Lots of smiles.

An angelic baby sleeping when she's supposed to :)

And some severely cute and generous brothers-- here offering her all their legos....

And here offering her a sweet kiss, as well as all of the toy cars (by her side).  By the way, Jamesie has taken to showing affection for his sister by licking her.  He leans in for a kiss and at the last second sticks out his tongue and licks her head.  I find several lick marks a day, which look like cowlicks--with her hair sticking up.  They are Jamesie-licks, and if it happens after lunch, I find food in her hair. 
Domestic bliss.  Three children playing quietly on their blanket while Cody and finish dinner.  We don't deserve this life. 

And for fun, the new baby has brought a flood of new thoughts for the boys.  Here are some hilarious quotes we've heard around the house this week:

Annalisa was hungry and while Sean was kissing on her she started rooting around his face. 
Erin: Oh, Seannie, is she hungry?  Is she trying to eat your face?
Sean: No, I'm just letting her use my cheek as a paci.
Sure enough, Sissy had fully latched onto his cheek.  He was perfectly fine with it.

I was exhausted one day and Cody was teasing me saying "Oh, I don't know why you're so tired, its not like you were up all night feeding a baby", to which I said, "You're welcome to breastfeed her anytime you want."  To which Sean said: "But Daddy can't breastfeed her!  He doesn't have... He doesn't have... He doesn't have breast pumps!"

Finally, on the way to church on Sunday:
Sean: "Mommy, can you put some chapstick on Sissy's lips to make her look prettier?"

4 comments:

vercfamily said...

Lol, those quotes are great! :) Such a sweet baby girl, too!

Unknown said...

The pictures are so adorable. Annalisa has two proud brothers. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I told Cody that I think Annalisa def looks like her Mom!

Lisa "Mrs Kool" Koedyker said...

Annalisa is simply precious! :o) You did such a good job. I enjoyed reading your birth story. I also love reading all of Sean's funny quotes!

Angelica Fahy said...

So adorable!!