Sunday, June 13, 2010

There was a young cowboy who lived on the range...

Sweet Baby James has been with us for 2 months now... and it has flown by! He is all smiles these days and I just love cuddling him (as does his big brother...see the last picture to this post).  Here are some recent pics of Baby James with some of his latest milestones as well:
Big smiles during awake time!  James is now staying up about an hour between naps and his day has a very predictable rhythm to it.  He eats, stays up for one hour, gives me a little cry then sleeps for about 2 hours.  He has been great at falling asleep on his own for naps and is sleeping full time in his own crib, except when Sean is taking a nap, then Jamesie is in the pack n play with me downstairs for preventative measures in case he cries and wakes up sean.   
Sometimes his smiles turn into a full laugh.  He's so sweet.



James also recently started cheering for the U.S. in World Cup play.  USA! USA!
I just couldn't resist this picture. Jamesie in his jammies.  He is usually great and peaceful all day until about 7 p.m. when he starts crying until about 9 p.m.  Maybe he's colicky, I don't know, but I am trying not to get hung up on it, as I know this phase will likely pass soon.  Cody and I have done a good job about staying positive-- we just take turns holding him until he falls asleep.  We have discovered a new need for closed captioning on the TV though. 

Two nights ago James did awesome and slept through the night for the first time.  I'm talking 10:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.  I felt great yesterday!  Last night he slept until about 5:00 a.m., which is still pretty good.  I love sleep and I have been anxious for him to sleep all night, but I told Cody yesterday if 99% of me is happy for him to sleep all night, there is 1 little percent that will miss our peaceful nighttime feedings together.  But 99 outweights 1 and I'm very happy with this new skill.
I
This is the scene most morning when sean wakes up. He asks for Baby and asks to have Baby in his bed or gets in our bed with him. He loves hugging, kissing and holding James.  James doesn't quite know what to make of it, but I don't think it bothers him too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! And so much change in 2 months! Can't wait to see him and you guys again in a couple of weeks. Love, McCauleys

CurtisKids said...

James looks so much like Sean in that first picture!