Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Baby Can Read!

If you've ever seen the "My Baby Can Read" info-mercials, you know that they are quite intriguing--especially when you find out your baby can read for only $15.95.  Don't worry, I didn't actually order the program-- in fact, Cody and I often have a good chuckle over the My Baby Can Read commercials.  However, Sean has been learning his letters on his own for a few weeks now.  He has a great video from LeapFrog that has helped him learn almost all the letters and their sounds.  This morning he blew me away though when I brought Jamesie in to wake him up.  Jamesie was wearing a cute little baby outfit that had a baseball and bat on it and says "HOMERUN HERO."  Sean has also been learning about baseball recently, so he was super excited to see the ball and bat. He then said:

"H!-- ha ha [sounding out the "h" sound]-- two H's!"  Then came:
"O! two O's!" then,
"R! [more like 'awww'], two Rs!"

OK, so its not actually "reading," but I think its pretty good for a 1.95 year old, and I will shamelessly brag about it :)

Speaking of baseball--we took Sean to his first baseball game for Cody's Father's Day gift the other day and oh my goodness did he love seeing real baseball! Here are some shots of him enjoying the Charleston Riverdogs game.  We saw a homerun and he's been walking around the house saying "homerun" and "almost" (what he would say for a strike) ever since.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

Cole said...

LOVE the pictures. Hope you guys are well!