Friday, August 27, 2010

Catching Up

With our camera breaking last week in NY, we're short of visual material this week.  So, I thought I would share these great maternity photos I just got back yesterday.  When my brother and Sandy were expecting Eva they had a friend do maternity photos (about one day before Eva came!), and I have always thought they were the most beautiful pictures of both Sean and Sandy--delighting and celebrating her feminity and their new family--even though Sandy was huge in the pictures, they are the most flattering pictures I've ever seen of a woman.  Ever since I saw those pics when I was turning 16 I have always had in the back of my mind to have maternity photos taken.  I completely missed the boat with Sean (we moved into our house 2 weeks before he came), and I was wanting to have some done with Jamesie, but didn't know where to go or who to ask.  Then, one day at mass I met these great people: http://www.timwill.com/ who do awesome photography.  Sarah wanted to get into some more familial-aspects of photography and I was more than a willing test subject!  How thrilled was I when she mentioned to me she wanted to try out a maternity-photo-shoot! Here are just some of the great products of the shoot:






WARNING:  Some bare-bellied shots follow.  How quickly you forget how BIG you actually are when 38 weeks prego!





Ahh...sort of makes me feel ready for another one :).

My plan is to pick out a few to hang in the nursery to remind James (and perhaps future occupants), of how much we loved him before we even knew him.  How joyful we were with anticipation of meeting him, and how much hope and wonder he has inspired in us. 

3 comments:

Leah Moss said...

Erin! These are so beautiful!!! You are such a beautiful pregnant lady. When do we get to see you guys? Are you going to a game this year...or up to Baltimore soon? The approaching fall has made me miss ND--and you guys!-- all the more. Hugs to you and your boys!

Denise said...

Beautiful!

meta said...

Yey!!! So glad you met the Willobys and got to do this!! Gorgeous photos, beautiful family!