Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick (and Clowns)

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We got all dressed up in our green (Sean picked out his outfit about a week ago) this morning then met Cody for the Charleston St. Patrick's Day Parade after Cody finished his run downtown.  Enjoy the green-ness of our day.  (in the above picture Sean is yelling "Happy St. Patrick's Day" to the entire neighborhood). 

Our next door neighbor finally responded to him which made them both look that way. 

Yes, Sean is holding a Halloween candy bag--just in case there was candy at the parade, and Jamesie is wearing not one, but two green rosaries.  He has insisted on wearing rosaries lately, so I just found some green ones for him today.  He's very holy. 

Before we left for the parade here are a few of the things I heard from Sean: 
1. "Are there clowns at the parade?"
2. "There are no clowns at the parade in Charleston." 
3. "How would clowns get to the parade?"
4. "If you're not wearing green, who pinches you?  I bet its clowns." 
5.  "Do clowns die?" (my favorite). 
Above, we are at the parade and Sean does not like it.  He is not convinced there are no clowns lurking around this parade.  (there weren't any).  In the first ten minutes he asked to go home about ten times.  On the lookout for clowns.

This one, on the other hand, loved it.  (And I love his short-shorts and popped collar). He loved the dogs, the trucks, and his one new word.....CARS!

OK, finally Daddy found us.  If there are any pesky clowns I bet they can't reach me all the way up here.  I'm safe, so I can start enjoying the parade now. 

Love.  And rosaries.

 General feelings toward the St. Patrick's Day parade.  Although, he swore he liked it (once we got home and away from the threat of any clowns). 

1 comment:

Denise said...

So cute. Seannie is looking so old. I like how they lean in tandem in the last photo.