Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jamesie turned 2! A month ago!

That's how behind we are over here!  Yes, we did actually celebrate his birthday on April 13 (and April 14), but I am just now getting around to looking at the pictures. 

Here are some of Jamesie's feats and accomplishments at the age of 2:

-Height: 36" (although I think the nurse shorted him on the measurement)
-Weight: 27 lb
-Words: he said "Mama" for the first time right after his 2nd birthday!  Melts my heart :).  He also says car, GG, DaDa, and Jesus. 
-Skills: Drawing on walls, doors and floors. 
-Favorite Foods: Pasta, cookies, milk, broccoli (I ate a lot of broccoli when I was pregnant with him and he always gobbles it up at dinner), anything with ketchup.
-Favorite Toys: Anything that rolls, e.g., a rolling suitcase/bag, a toy lawnmower, another toy lawnmower.  Also loves playing with empty bottles out of the recycling-- its not unusual to find empty beer bottles, or even the odd tequila bottle laying around our house.  Or maybe Cody left them there.  
-Accomplishments: transferring to a big-boy bed in Seannie's room.  He only gets out of bed to get in Sean's bed a few times a week now, which is a big improvement over 3x a night when we first started!
-Bad Habits: Thumb-sucking outside of his bed!  We are really frustrated at the amount of thumbsucking our two-year-old is indulging in.  No matter how many times we take it out or tell him to stop it ends up right back in there.  Ideas?

 Jamesie had to wear this shirt all weekend because if you ask him if he is 2 he shakes his head out of fear you are trying to get him to verbally say the word "two."  So he chose to announce his age on his shirt (thanks to Denise).
 New shoes from Neece to match the new shirt-- so styling.
 We could not be more in love with this child. 

 Yes, you are special today Jamesie :)
Happy with his very own lawnmower from Auntie Karyn.  Now he doesn't have to practice sharing with that older brother who also has a lawnmower. 

5 comments:

Katie said...

He's also quite the charmer with those amazing lips! He had Amanda eating of of his hand within a few hours of meeting her. Actually, I guess he was eating out of her hands since he convinced her to feed him ;-)

Angelica Fahy said...

So cute! I wish you guys lived closer so we could do playdates.

Ryan said...

Great pics... he has gotten so big! Hope Carson can hang with your boys one day!

Peggy said...

Wish I could have been there for Jamesie's birthday. He is so cute and cuddly! I see that he still has the baby hair sticking out over his ears! Mom is trying to hand onto that little baby a little longer!

Anonymous said...

I sucked my thumb until about kindergarten. It just stopped eventually. I wouldn't worry. I had braces, but my teeth were not harmed by the thumb sucking because I still had baby teeth. Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!! We hope to see you when we come in June! I need to email you soon Erin to coordinate. Amy B