Friday, April 26, 2013

Following in Flannery's Footsteps (that's alliteration, Sean).

Sean is possibly the most literary 4 year old we have ever known.  I could sit here and describe all the books he's reading these days or how he's the smartest kid in his class or how he's taken it upon himself to learn the parts of speech.  But, I will let the pictures do the talking.  The first is a picture of Flannery O'Connor as a small child-- one of Cody's and my sister's favorite authors.  Apparently she was a bibliophile like our son, and also precocious to the point of calling her parents by their first names for her whole life.  Sounds familiar.  She grew up to be a famous author integrating her Catholic faith in her writing.  One could do worse things with a life.  The second picture is of course our little man, pouring over On the Banks of Plum Creek, which he read out loud to me while I folded clothes today:

 
 


2 comments:

G.G. said...

So amazing! I love this pic!

Peggy said...

I predict that he will love reading for the rest of his life! You have gotten him off to such a good start with all your reading to him.