Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby Number Three

I do so many posts on what Sean and Jamesie are up to, I figure I better start talking about our new baby as well!  Being a third child myself, I wouldn't want to deprive this one of any of his/her deserved attention.  Here are some things our baby is up to:

Age/Movement: We are 16 weeks and moving right along!  I feel the baby occasionally right now, and I tend to feel my babies pretty early, so its not every day yet, but getting more frequent. Its just a sweet little flutter or tapping to let me know he or she is there.  However, at my last ultrasound, 4 weeks ago, I was so surprised to see how big the baby was, so it does sort of make sense if something a few inches long is living in my body, I should feel it. 

Size:  I just read it is about 5 inches long!  Baby is almost 10 pounds right now...just kidding, that's just Mama's portion.  I think baby is about 1/100 of that weight.  I look like I'm about 6 months pregnant though, and fully into my maternity wardrobe, or just running pants and sweatshirts when I can't bear the idea of maternity jeans (6 days out of 7). 


Likes/Dislikes: This baby does not like ice cream (crazy child), garlic (good girl/boy), peanut butter, bananas, and changing dirty diapers.  This baby does like pretzels and cheese, pickles, fish (weird for me), La Croix water, salads/dressing, MILK (like his/her brothers)--preferably straight from the gallon in the fridge, and although the baby's mother is incredibly healthy and fit, this baby insists on liking fast food.  Confession: Egg McMuffin(s), BK french toast sticks (what?), McD's chicken nuggets and anything from chic-fil-a.

In the middle of the night...:  This baby is hungry.  And Mama hates eating in the middle of the night-- the crumbs in the bedroom, the food in your teeth, or getting up and going downstairs just wakes me up too much in the middle of the night-- ugh...no thank you.  But, this child insists on waking its mother up every night between 3-5 a.m. starving.  If I don't eat (most nights) I have very very vivid dreams about food, then lay there scheming about how to obtain said food the next day. These have included (but not limited to):

-Chicken finger pita from Leo's Coney Island.  If you were raised in the Detroit-Metro area, you know how serious I am.  I almost called a greek restaurant around the corner to see if they could recreate one for me, then thought about calling my mom to have her send one to me. 
-Crazy bread from Little Caesar's.  Again, straight from the D.
-French toast
-Buttermilk Pancakes (homemade)
-A single cheeseburger from McDonalds, with a small coke and small fries.  Luckily, it was off my mind by 10:30, or I would have been dropping Sean off at pre-school with a cheeseburger in my hand. 

I'm telling you, this child is strange in that it does not like desserts (although I bought fig newtons and coffee cake at the grocery store today-- very random purchases for us).  Hopefully that will change in a few weeks.

Other activities the baby is up to:
-Prenatal Yoga which is awesome.  Although, my yoga pants were all dirty last week (see above comment about running pants and substitute "yoga pants") so I figured I could just wear some spandex shorts.  Tip: don't wear your volleyball shorts from college when you are almost 4 months pregnant and wolfed down a huge burger 10 minutes before yoga class.  Not comfortable at all.
-We try to go on a walk/run everyday I don't have some other exercise planned for us.  I wasn't able to do this with my last 2 pregnancies b/c I worked all day, so I'm determined to take advantage of exercising hours this time around...and not land in the 40-50 lb weight-gain range.  Please. 
-Living on my sciatic nerve....just like the boys did.  It feels pretty early to be hobbling around, but the pain is real and intense.  Has anyone had any luck with a chiropractor fixing sciatica?  I'm just about getting to that point. As I told Cody the other night though, it only hurts when I'm walking, sitting in a chair, or sleeping-- so the rest of the day (when i'm not standing, sitting or laying down), its fine.
-Starting to read about natural childbirth and VBACs again.  This baby craves information, so I'm trying to prepare him/her for the birth as much as I can. 

And finally, this baby cannot decide whether it wants its parents to know its gender before it is born.  Maybe the frequency of the word "it" in that last sentence should be a clue to its mother.  We have about a month before my ultrasound--what are the advantages and disadvantages of "finding out?"  Neither of us feel very strongly about it, which means we're not really making a decision.  Opinions?  (Other than the selfish motivation of knowing yourself)? 

One last thing, this baby is most anxiously awaiting its cousin, Ruby Joy Putnam, and her imminent arrival!  Cody's sister Meg is due this week, and we are so excited to have a Groeber cousin soon!  Keep up with Ruby at her very own website.  We can't wait for some news out of Boone!

Baby Groeber Tres 16 weeks

4 comments:

Denise said...

Please find out! Also, you've seen the baby?

Cole said...

My doctor prescribes prenatal massage with the person they have on staff to treat the nerve issue. Worth a try, worst case, you still get a massage out of it.

Cole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm having sciatica pretty early with this one, too. He/ she's decided to be a low-rider and now impedes me from walking more than a block without the shooting pain in my lower back. I've found that prenatal yoga positions that stretch the hip flexors and piriformis/ glut are really good. Also, check out the Bradley Method exercises that resemble yoga positions too. If you need more info on Bradley let me know. Much love to you and say hello to Denise. She's due soon isn't she??? (p.s. our baby was entirely uncooperative at last week's ultrasound, so we're not quite sure the sex yet. I'll be following up this week with the doctor to find out -- will keep you updated :)...