Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

One year ago today Cody and I met our precious boy (outside the womb). Sean was scheduled for a C-section on July 3, but about 3:00 a.m. on July 2 I started having contractions and off we went to the hospital. I was strangely calm (mostly hungry) throughout the excitement. Cody, on the otherhand, usually cool as a cucumber, was the most rattled I have even seen! Not 4 hours after we went through who to call, what to say, where to go, he was frantically telling me he didn't know where the doctor's number was (right where we left it on the refridgerator) and asking "what T-shirt should I wear?" (!)




First bite of cake (ice cream to follow). He didn't quite know which end went in the mouth. it took a few tries to get it in there.


But once he got it in, don't come near his cupcake! Watch it, dad.


I love this picture! I think Sean's favorite part of his birthday was seeing all of his baby friends in one place. He could see and kiss them all as much as he wanted at his very own house! The thing I love the most about this picture though, is the baby all the way to the right, who made her appearance less than 24 hours after this picture! All of these beautiful babies in less than one year... we are certainly blessed :).
The Groebers 3 are off to Michigan for some more birthday and 4th celebrations! We'll be back in a few days, adios until then!

2 comments:

aubreyanne said...

Sean was precious! I am so sad I wasnt there, and all the babies were soooo adorable! I love it! Happy Birthday Sean!

South Paw said...

Happy Birthday Sean! I thought of him in the middle of the night last night and thought his bday was the 3rd or 4th, so just checked now to see on your blog. Kiss your precious baby boy for us.-sonofNiffs