Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Before and After

Remember these skinny little legs?

Amazing what 10 months and 16 or so pounds can do:


And just for fun, because we have our camera back, here are some more shots of that skinny little baby playing in his exersaucer: 

I still think of James as a newborn, even though we are nearing his 6-mo birthday.  So, when he does something like smiles....

...or purposefully reaches for and plays with a toy...

...or even stands up in his exersaucer... I am so amazed!  Each little milestone is a wee bit bittersweet-- it makes me sad my newborn baby is growing up, but it is so fun to watch him explore his world and discover things.  Just this week we started solid foods (which has done wonders getting him to sleep all the way through to 7 a.m.) and I thought it looked so funny to have a "newborn" in the highchair!  Much to my surpise he fit perfectly and stays sitting up throughout his meal.  Cute, but a little sad.

2 comments:

aubreyanne said...

I can't believe he is at 6 months!!!!!! He is soo precious! I am glad yall got your camera back so I can see yall! I miss each of you so much!

Denise said...

He is so cute!!! I love his smile--and ears. What a sweetie.