Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Crafts on a Budget

I read about this easy and cheap craft in a paper last year, and now that Sean is old enough to enjoy some arts and crafts time, we tried it this year.  I thought it turned out pretty cute:
We collected glass jars for a few weeks, cleaned them out and painted them.  Sean used Halloween colors and made "stripes and dots" on his.

I made a cute little ghost family. 

Then we put candles in them and made them light up! (Sean's candle in the foreground)

We put them outside last night on our front porch for festive decorating :)

Sean gave his candle to St. Francis

and paid him homage.  Appropriate for all-hallow's-eve.

Cody showed Sean the full moon and night sky as a just-before-bed treat last night too. 

Stay tuned for some painfully cute halloween costumes in the next few days!

4 comments:

Denise said...

awwww...I love Sean's proud smiles.

The Kummer Family said...

I love these, what a cute idea!!

vercfamily said...

the ghost family looks great! and SB's jar does too :)

G.G. said...

The ghost fam looks vaguely familiar...so cute! that was such a fun project, I know Sean loved it! His jar was awesome!