Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Spelling Lesson

Sean has a ton of magnetic letters on our refridgerator that he likes to "spell" with.  The other day he told me he spelled "Cody."  I turned around to see "pne+t."  He then pointed at it and told me he had spelled "Bridget."  At least he has an imagination.  At the time I was doing the dishes and couldn't help him re-spell immediately, so I told him to find a c, an o, a d and a y and told him what order to put them in.  He was so proud with the finished product (so was I!) that he actually let me take a picture of him with his handiwork, which he rarely does.

After the thrill of spelling Cody, he told me he wanted to spell Mommy.   We had to get creative with an upside down W (sean's idea), and two n's stuck together to make all those M's in mommy.

These pictures memorialize how Sean addresses us lately too... Cody is "Cody," and I am "mommy."  E.g.,
"Cody will be home for dinnertime?"
"Cody play fish with Seannie?", and
"Mommy watch George with Seannie," and my favorite from the other day:
"Mommy need her coffee."

1 comment:

Denise said...

good spelling and pointing both! amazing he even knows what spelling is.