Tuesday, January 4, 2011

She Said Yes!

We have certainly had an eventful Christmas and New Year's season around here, not least because my wonderful sister accepted her boyfriend, Michael's, proposal, here in Charleston on Dec. 30. It was romantic and beautiful and exciting, and, after much scheming by the Groebers, Galloways and Maleys, a surprise! We could not be happier! The next morning Sean woke up to Denise in his room and said "See Neesie's shiny ring?"



The happy couple enjoying a frosty after the Big Event. Well deserved-- great job Michael!


The happy couple canoodling. Michael popped the question in Marion Square, all lit up with Christmas trees and lights, right across the street from a restaurant where we were all waiting for them. Cody actually was hiding behind bushes at the park snapping pictures, but most of them are too dark to see.
Just for good measure: The sister and the shiny ring. Bling.
BTW, how happy was I when Denise came down dressed in a Kate Middleton-esque dress for the big night, even though the proposal was a surprise!? I had to bite my tongue not to say anything when I saw it!
Congratulations to Denise and Michael! We love you and are so happy for you!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey Erin! I'm one of Denise's Baylor friends. I'm glad you posted pictures! They both look thrilled. I'm so happy for them! Michael will be a good addition to your fam. ;)

shanno said...

That is SO exciting!!! Congratulations Denise:)

Anonymous said...

Erin! Please tell Denise that we're so happy for her! Yey, and congratulations!!!