Monday, April 25, 2011

Wedding Fever







I don't know about you, but we're getting Wedding Fever over here!  With less than a week to go before the Royal Wedding and less than a month before the Sister's Wedding, wedded bliss is on our minds!  William and Kate have taken over nearly every station on the TV these days, and I can't seem to pull Cody away from yet another Wills & Kate: A Royal Romance documentary special every night. 

Will you watch the Royal Wedding?  Will you tune in at 4 or 5 a.m., or wait for the repeat coverage later in the day? 

Yesterday after Easter mass (hopefully photos to come, once a friend sends me hers as our camera is broken....again), a nice woman came up to me and said, "my friend and I saw you in mass, and we said how you were just like Kate Middleton!" Boy, did this ever make my day!  I was wearing a royal blue dress and a peacock feather "topper" in the British tradition.  Right after this woman complimented me such I saw that she was wearing the faux-saphire Princess Diana/Princess Catherine engagement ring.  Awesome. 

Closer to home, we are gearing up for another important wedding day in Holland, Michigan.  Sean talks about "Neece's wedding" in some context nearly every day.  He has been practicing his walk with a little blue pillow, and he and Jamesie and Uncle will be donning matching tuxedos.  I can't wait.  The Royal pages will have nothing on this little one.  I doubt if any of their outfits will include electric blue glasses which will match the wedding colors. Expect a full panorama of pictures later next month after the Royals of Baylor wedding. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

Ha! I don't think I am biased in saying that my fiance' is handsomer. Also, did you know you and Kate Middleton are the same height? By the way I have a hard time pulling Michael away from those documentaries too. I heard a quote on one today: "every bride knows the flowers can make or break a wedding." Pressure!!!!!

Erin said...

I did not know she was so tall! Love it even more now! I almost revealed the big secret of Michael's proposal when you wore a royal blue wrap dress--I was so excited! What an exciting time to get married--when the whole world has wedding fever- you get to enjoy it all :). But, yes, the pressure to perform on the wedding day is intense, especially with people like Matt Lauer and Meredith Vierra commenting daily on the do's and don'ts of planning a wedding.