Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More Birthday Fun

The Groeber clan all came down to Charleston the week before Jamesie's birthday to celebrate, so we've been basking in birthday bliss for a good 1/2 month now.  Sean has been telling everyone "Jamesie's One," and actually started asking "when's seannie's birthday?"  I think we've exhausted the birthday potential, but not before I leave a few more pics of Jamesie's first cake and present experience:

For the entire week before Jamesie's "party" Sean worked on this sign every day for his art activity. I outlined the letters, and he did all the painting.  I was so impressed with his determination and ability to stay in the lines especially while wielding a 12" long adult paintbrush. 

Our 12-months of Jamesie tribute.


The boys had bff Gabe over for the party-- Sean and Gabe spent most of the time blowing bubbles and spilling bubble solution all over their clothes.


A cheeseburger for the birthday boy for dinner!  James loves meat and ate almost a 1/2 of a big-sized adult burger.  He could eat nothing but meat at every meal. 

Jamesie's special sleeping toy is a frog (named Frogger), and he has a few other stuffed frogs around, so Sean and I decided he would like a frog-cake for his birthday.  The inside is strawberry, which gave him a few bumps around his mouth, so we'll hold off on trying strawberries again for a few weeks.  On his real birthday we let him have some ice cream, but he actually really did not like it at all.  I think it was too cold for him because he just cried and cried everytime he tried it.

Oohhh... fire.  I will touch it.

yesssssssssss.

Proud parents.  I love the way James and Cody are looking at each other in this picture with such affection.  So sweet.


Jamesie, I mean, Sean and Gabe, enjoying his presents. 

I asked Sean what he wanted to get James for his birthday, and he didn't really know.  So, we brainstormed together things Jamesie likes, and sean came up with "Frogs and balls."  Very astute, actually.  So, he then said he wanted to buy Jamesie a ball with a frog on it (I am amazed by the child's imagination and logic skills).  Unfortunately, we couldn't find such a ball, so he picked out this basketball for Jamesie.  This basketball was perhaps J's favorite gift the whole day.  He lit up when he saw it and immediately picked it up, licked it (affection), held it, rolled it and drummed on it.  Way to go Sean, maybe his love language is actually gifts.

I *think* this concludes our birthday coverage. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Jamesie is so sweet. I can't wait to see him soon and his emerging personality. I also will never get over how cute it is that Sean speaks of himself as "Seannie" and his brother as "Jamesie." It's too sweet!