Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Swim Lessons and Baby (non)-Update

First things first, no news on the Baby front.  She's still in there.  I'm still tired and uncomfortable.  The late-pregnancy insomnia has struck, and the recent heatwave isn't doing anything to help my 39.5 week-pregnant-mood. 

Next-- Sean has been taking swim lessons at our neighborhood pool the last few weeks!  His progress has been AMAZING. The first day he screamed bloody murder and cried the entire 45 minutes.  The teachers were firm and made him go under water, but I thought he was going to drown for the screaming.  When he was on the side of the pool, forced to sit still, he screamed "mommy! mommy!, I want my mommy!"  the whole time.  I was cringing with my head in my hands.  At one point the head teacher took him out in the water and after a few futile cries for his mommy, Sean looked him in the face and said "this is not fun." (Later that day he got on the phone with my dad and said "I'm a really great swimmer."  ???). The second day was 45 minutes of crying, but the screaming subsided.  On the third day he jumped in the water by himself, head under and everything.  I was shocked.  The next day he cheerfully and hopefully asked me if he had a swim lesson that day.  And Monday, when the head teacher asked who wanted to volunteer to jump in the deep end (by themselves) and try to swim the whole pool, my jaw dropped open when I saw Sean jump up to volunteer:

The brave few who volunteered to go to the deep end.

Amazing. 

He didn't actually swim the length of the pool, but the effort was phenomenal.

Seannie the Swimmer!



1 comment:

Denise said...

Seannie IS amazing! We are so proud of you Seannie!