Monday, February 4, 2013

Pretty Pretty Baby!

This weekend I fulfilled a dream of mine.  It all started years ago when my mom had my ears pierced when I was six weeks (yes, weeks) old.  I never liked wearing earings as a kid, but I have always thought a little baby with earrings is the most irresistable, cutest little thing possible!  Having my ears pierced as a baby my mom and I never battled over when to have them peirced, who was going to take care of them, or other typical struggles over pierced ears.  I also pretty much neglected my piercings for a good decade as a child and they never closed up.  I just took for granted that I had my ears pierced and I could use them or not as I chose. 

Having a girl baby after two boy babies means a lot of fun in the form of pink, hair bows, coordinated "outfits," and now jewelery accessories.  I was an athletic tomboy, and I suspect with two big brothers Sis will eventually follow this route as well.  But, I also want her to know that its OK to be pretty and feminine at the same time, and to have the option to exercise her feminity in the form of pretty earrings and accessories if she so chooses.  Its OK to climb trees, run in the dirt, ride bikes, and do flip throws--all with pretty gold studs in your ears.  So, this weekend Sis hit another milestone in her life-- pierced ears.  Enjoy:








4 comments:

Peggy said...

Hurray for the ultimate in dressing your baby up pretty! I'm a fan, but you already knew that...

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about
piercing your dd's ears. She looks totally adorable.

I was unsure when to do it, however, we had discussed it when I was pregnant and knew I wanted to do it early after I dreamed seeing my baby girl with little earrings soon after birth. After she was born, and I got her sweet little earrings, I was on the fence when to do it after seeing her precious, tiny, perfect ears. The idea of piercing this beautiful little babies ears all of the sudden seemed like something I could NOT do. How could I hurt my little baby? However, after seeing more and more babies and little girls with cute little earrings, I began warming up to the idea of doing it as an infant.

Somewhere along the way, like you, I became one of those mamas who became all googly-eyed over other babies who had pierced ears saying how adorable they were.

This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I promise you were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant so she’ll just grow up with them. Promise you will have many moms envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness. In her picture with those cute earrings, she is saying “thank you” mommy for having my ears pierced now and caring for them so I can wear pretty little earrings later.

Our ped's office didn't do them, but she encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.

Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.”

Angie
Angietune@hotmail.com

Denise said...

she is such a sweetie!

Unknown said...

I remember that decision Peggy made for you! I would have done the same except for the obvious drawbacks for Mikey and Danny . . . .