Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Cat!

In a bookstore? Yes, our friend Jonathan and Lauren own a great used book store called Blue Bicycle Books, in which lives a real cat. Sean has been to the bookstore many times, but the last time or two has become intensely interested in the cat. Enjoy:
After a long search by Sean, dad finally found the cat among a table of books.

"I wonder how close I can get..."


This isn't a great picture of it, but Sean practiced his sign for "cat" which is like pulling whiskers off your cheeks. Over and over he pulled his whiskers at the cat.


For a while sean stood post at the front door of the store and (urgently) told every customer there was a cat back there. Of course, he told them in baby sign language, so most just gave him a "that's cute" nod and continued on.


"Now I will stalk the cat in another room by staring at it from this orange chair."

"I bet the cat wants to see my belly button. Darn these overalls."

2 comments:

Denise said...

that is so cute--love the narration! I like the one where the cat is peeking out. Was Sean trying to communicate to the cat that he is a cat, too, by showing him his whiskers? Or just proclaiming the presence of the cat?

G.G. said...

I laughed till I cried! After experiencing a visit w/ Sean to the bookstore & meeting the cat first hand -I can just picture it.CUTE!CUTE!CUTE!