Saturday, July 16, 2011

Romper Room



Cody and I have been noticing a certain trend cropping up among young women lately-- the Romper (a one-piece shorts/tank suit).  My apologies to our more trendy friends, but we've decided rompers should really be confined to a baby's wardrobe.  Maybe I'm just not bold enough to try it myself.  Or, maybe our little baby boy just looks so cute in a Baby-romper I can't imagine the transition to grown woman.   If you are pro-grown up-romper, read on-- you might find a friend in Sean. 








First, the catalogue of Baby-Rompers on Jamesie:








And, a bonus feature below-- Sean inherited a size 3T "Romper" from generous friends of ours at church.  I'm pretty sure it still had tags on it.  Cody is completely anti-romper on anyone big enough to walk, talk and go potty by themselves (including the population of young women in Charleston).  Cody has strickly forbidden the inherited romper on Sean, now that he is a self-proclaimed Big Boy.  Therefore, I was graciously retiring the size 3T romper to Jamesie's closet the other day so to minimize Cody's irritation when he saw it in Sean's closet, when Sean caught sight of it and declared (1) it is NOT baby clothes, (2) he likes it, and (3) he still wears it ("stil"-- he has never worn it).  So, he ended up wearing it all day, including accompanying me to a chiropractor appointment where everyone commented.  He's just so tall and thin it really does look sort of funny and out of place.  Here you go:




 Happy rompering!

4 comments:

Carrie Mofo said...

Greta enjoys rompers. They help contain her diaper blowouts and fat rolls.

vercfamily said...

To be honest, I don't like rompers for babies. {And no, I don't own one either...though I wouldn't entirely rule it out :)} I don't know why, but Augustine has been gifted a handful in each size since birth, but I rarely dress him in them. Maybe I will like them better if/when I have a girl?? And I am with Cody on Sean's 3T romper--lol!

Cole said...

so funny because this was just the topic of conversation at my birthday dinner. i didnt like rompers for lil boys until i discovered how much liam liked his that his grandma got him. regardless, they were popular on the 20-something crowd at the bar post dinner and actually have to admit the women kinda looked smashing in them. so, while i would NEVER try it, i can respect someone elses fashion boldness.

Denise said...

it looks comfy and like the air ventilation is good on Sean's, and I'm imagining the heat.