Monday, November 14, 2011

De-Caffing My Life: Week 1 Update

Thank you to everyone who left comments, emailed, facebooked, etc to help me start the process of getting of the caffeinated wagon.  A week into it and I am proudly (albeit groggily) making progress.  I haven't had an afternoon pick-me-up in about 10 days now (record), and the morning juice is cut down to about 1/2-1 small cup of coffee.  This weekend I even went de-caf on the morning cup (and took 2 naps that day). 

I'm feeling really ambitious, but I think I might finish out this week with my regular small cup, and then try to step down even further next week. I don't want to do anything foolish.  I can't say I feel "good" and full of "natual energy" yet, but I'm hoping it will come...right? 

3 comments:

Carrie Mofo said...

Rome wasn't built in one day.

vercfamily said...

It sounds like you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

After overdosing on caffeine 7 years ago(absurd that this should have happened to one with stout Colombian genes), I went off it cold turkey. And my life has been better ever since. I'm still a stress case, but at least I don't have heart palpitations or other symptoms of crazy caffeine addiction. I've found comfort in smelling coffee (John drinks it daily, so I've gotten used to it) and drinking Cafix (a malted barley, caffeine free alternative that tastes very much like coffee). One day you too will have a zen-like calmness around coffee and other caffeine products. :)