Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Cousin!

With great joy we welcome Ruby Joy Putnam to our family today!  Praise God!
Feb 16 2012, 7lb 7 oz.
My sister in law Meg is a warrior-princess.  She checked into the hospital on Monday, February 13 and the baby was born on Thursday, February 16.  I have friends who were in the hospital for an hour before the baby came.  She spent two full days on pitocin (for perspective, I spent a TOTAL of 8 hours on pitocin before I was holding my baby...four of which were completely easy), and a number of other interventions to get her baby moving.  At the end of the day (or three days) they are happily holding their sweet little daughter, who incidentally looks exactly like you would imagine a mash-up of Meg and Tim from one of those internet sites. 

Congratulations Meg and Tim!  We love you guys and love Baby Ruby already! (When I showed Jamesie the picture of Ruby on our phone this morning he kissed it.  Sean followed suit.  When we woke them up with the news of their new cousin this morning they both jumped up and down doing the sign for "baby" in Jamesie's crib.  It was quite a celebration!) 

In other *news* Ruby's birthday newspaper here in Charleston today looks a little like this:

Read the whole story here: 
://www.postandcourier.com/news/2012/feb/16/prison-for-driver-in-dui-fatality/

2 comments:

Carrie Mofo said...

Congrats on your new niece-piece. Little girls are magical creatures. And another congrats to Cody Groeber, ESQ, for making the news. I send positive thoughts your way that he will find his niche in law (and hopefully not defending drunk drivers). Love and hugs!

Denise said...

She really does look like both of them--that's exactly what I thought. She definitely has Meg's eyes. She's so cute! I wish I was there to witness the celebration. Soon you'll have another niecey :)