Monday, February 20, 2012

The Plan...

"I cannot, of course, promise a daughter.  I have a feeling that I am intended to be the mother of sons." 

In preparing whether to find out the gender of the baby, I came across this quote from Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James, which is a new novel about the characters from Pride and Prejudice, set at Pemberley six years later (excellent).  Elizabeth and Darcy have two boys :), and at the end of the novel (sorry, spoiler alert) she tells Darcy she's expecting again and muses the above thoughts.  As soon as I read it I thought-- that's how I feel!  

Well, we had our big ultrasound today for Baby #3, and it appears all is well and healthy.  The baby measured about 9-10 days bigger than my due date, but both boys did as well, so for now we are sticking with July 17 for the due date.

AND... we had the ultrasound Tech write down the baby's sex in an envelope and we plan on opening it this weekend with Cody's family in Anderson and my family on Skype.  I will try to post on the blog shortly after opening the envelope on Saturday morning :).   Lets just hope I don't lose the envelope between now and this weekend.  I'll post some pics of the baby in utero soon...s/he is really cute. 

Oh, speaking of cute, this was by far the best quote of the morning:
Sean has been dying to see pictures of the baby, so we brought the boys with us this morning.  Sean paid very close attention to the whole ultrasound--it was so cute.  When we were looking at the heart he said:
Sean: But I don't see Jesus in there. 
Erin:  What?  I don't have Jesus in my belly, I have our own baby in there.
Sean: But in the Baby's heart, I don't see Jesus in there!

Upon clarification he explained Jesus lives in our hearts, and he was concerned he couldn't see Him in the new Baby's heart.  Maybe I'll double check with the doctor next time to make sure everything is OK with the baby's heart.  Sweet boy. 

3 comments:

Denise said...

awwww so sweet. I just read in a book on the science of pregnancy that more assertive women tend to have more sons...maybe there's something to it? Seems pretty crazy, though.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. We did something similar when we had our ultrasound. We had the tech write the sex on a piece of paper and we took it to a neighborhood bakery. We had a few packets of cookies made with the tell-tale frosting, and sent them to the grandparents. We were all in suspense, and then Luis finally opened the package and said "It's blue. Little sibling is a boy!"

Anonymous said...

Great idea!:). As a mother of two boys, I go back and forth as to what would be more fun: three boys in a row or two big brothers to watch over a little sister?:). Maybe three big brothers to watch over a little sister? Ha! You will know soon. Can't wait to share in your good news!!!!!

Amy B