Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Babysitter


Last Friday Cody and I went on our first date post-baby. This is something I wouldn't have necessarily thought of doing so soon, but my boss, Peter Shahid and his wife Mary have been insisting for, oh, about 8 months, that exactly one month after the baby is born we go on a date and leave the baby with them for the evening. So, just shy of Sean's one-month birthday Cody and I went out to dinner (we went to High Cotton on East Bay, which was a gift from the Senior Groebers... it was wonderful--we highly recommend) and then for a sunset walk along the battery.
We dropped Sean off at the Shahids before dinner and Peter, Mary, their daughter Julia (pictured with SBG above), their son Pete, and Peter's mother, Mrs. Shahid, all babysat him for the night. Mrs. Shahid (who was the first person to tell me our baby was boy, "because he's giving you so much trouble") fed him a bottle and he loved it. Julia held Sean on the couch, Pete offered to be his future NBA agent, and Mary had a very hard time giving him back to us after dinner as he slept soundly on her.
The Shahids have been just wonderful to us since we moved down here a year ago. Cody worked for Peter before law school, and Peter employed both me and cody for months before cody moved to the Public Defender. I will be going back to work for Peter in September and feel great about it... it is a wonderful office and he gives me loads of hands-on learning experiences. The Shahids are a great family who value their faith and each other, which makes me feel that much better about going back to work.

2 comments:

Denise said...

great blog about a great boss--what a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys. Email me soon. Tell baby Sean that his favorite cousin said hi.