Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thanks to a visit from

Susie (right), RyRy (left) and Baby Carson (middle) this Labor Day Weekend, we have a few more pictures to show you this week (our camera is still broken and actually getting the company to perform any service on it pursuant to the warranty is a complete headache). 

Susie and I have been friends for 10 years, since our first day of college, which just seems unfathomable to think back on.  Ryan and Susie started dating halfway through college, and until Cody came on the scene in Law School, Ryan was always the only male among a chattery, fiesty and excitable group of girls (once he got snowed into our tiny apartment for 2 or 3 days with us during a big D.C. snowstorm our Junior year.  We watched a marathon of A Baby Story and he almost lost it about 6 hours in). Ryan is always such a good sport, but he was really glad when I started dating Cody. Now, Sus and I are the outnumbered ones, with two husbands and a total of 3 little boys between the two of us come this November!

Speaking of cute little boys-- here are a few shots from Susie:




Could he get any cuter?  I don't think so.  This is what makes me want 10 more!

Susie and Ry Ry found this awesome George trucker hat for Sean.  Amazingly cute.

The men.  Notice also the George lunchbox which Susie and Ry Ry brought for Sean, and was taken on every outing, and proudly shown to our priest after mass, this weekend.

It looks like someone needs a haircut (its not Ryan!).

One time in college we all decided to run in the Race for a Cure for Laura's Mom.  Ryan nonchalantly said to Laura one day that he, without any training, could beat any girl (with or without training) in the race.  Laura took him up on the bet, but not for herself-- on my behalf, without telling me first.  I had to race Ryan in the 5K to defend the dignity of female athletes everywhere.  He talked a big game, but I won.  By a pretty good margin (I trained for it).  Now he's apparently taking on racing Sean to win his pride back. From this picture it looks like Sean is in the lead. 

One of the reasons we love living in Charleston is all the guests we, or the beautiful city, attract.  Its great getting together with old friends that don't seem like old friends, just current friends :). 

4 comments:

Denise said...

Jamesie is so cute! And great job on the George stuff Susie and Ryan! I love the picture of Sean and Ryan racing. It looks like a great weekend--I wish I had been there!

Katie said...

I would like to remind you, that at one point during the 5k race, you turned around and were running backwards to get Ryan to hurry up. This was right before you left him in your dust ;-) Good times!

CurtisKids said...

It really was a great trip! Denise, we talked about you a lot while we were visiting!! Your ears must have been burning!! :)

Anonymous said...

I still remember the smug face Ryan had when he said that LOL. Great post erin. -LB