Saturday, February 12, 2011

Catch up

Like I said, we've been pretty sick around here this week, so i have a lot to update from the last few weeks.  Jamesie had the flu, but it only lasted a day or two, and both of the little guys are on tamiflu right now.  We thought I had the flu, but when things got progressively worse about 5 days in I finally dragged myself to the doctor to confirm my hunch that it was pneumonia. Wow, does pneumonia stink!  I left the house for the first time (save 2 doctors appointments) in about 6 days today, slept 16 of the last 24 hours, yet I have no energy for anything.  However, a few days of anti-biotics have me feeling a TON better than I did 48 hours ago.  On Wednesday night we knew things were getting bad as I was having trouble sleeping b/c I couldn't stop coughing.  Thursday morning I sort of panicked when I couldn't breathe very well and Cody was getting ready to go into trial.  I called him home and luckily the solicitor called a different case to trial.  Cody was great and has been Mr. Mom for the last 2 days.  After I went to the doctor to get the drugs on Thursday my dad called to remind me that my great grandfather died of pneumonia, so be careful. 

About 2 weeks ago before all this set in, we had a wonderful time hosting the Reetzs at our house for a few days while they came back to SC to close on their house.  Sean LOVED having Greta and Xavi at our house.  The saddest part was when we pulled up to our house on about the 3rd or 4th day of the visit and Sean said "Seannie lives here.  And mommy and daddy and Jamesie, and Mr. Paul, and Gretchen and Greta and Xavi."  He thought they lived with us.  :(.   Here are some legendary pics of the little guys having a ball together:


Bedtime stories and prayers with Greta every night.  Sean was in heaven.  We actually tried to have them bunk together in Sean's room, but Greta wasn't quite used to a big-girl bed, and knowing Paul, we've now missed the only opportunity for a co-ed sleepover with these two.

A common theme of the weekend was Sean feeding Greta-- I guess its his way of showing affection.  Another common theme was sean eating all of Greta's leftovers, which was usually any kind of meat.  So Sean had two hot dogs, two servings of meatball, two servings of chicken nuggets...etc. 

Look mom, I found a chubby baby on the couch!

The three amigos ride again.  Greta, Gabe and Sean enjoying a nice evening together.

A nice evening which included about an hour of ring-around-the-rosy, which used to be a favorite when they were all babysat together.  So sweet.

Baby hangover the next morning from a long night of ring-around-the-rosy.

More reading with Cody.

Playing at the park with Greta

These two are all ready for church ...

...or the prom.

Happy. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

"baby hangover"--hah!

paul said...

Groeber's,
We had a great time. Thanks for the hospitality!

Paul