Saturday, March 13, 2010

What a Weekend!

I am just now getting to posting about our fabulous weekend -- last weekend.  As I mentioned before, Denise, Eva and my mom came to Charleston and we made the most of their three days here.  On Friday night Cody and I had our friends (15 ppl) over for a Lenten pizza dinner (sorry, no picture) and bonfire.  We have wonderful friends down here and we have been trying to get together for Friday dinners in Lent.  Pizza and a bonfire with good friends and family reminded me so much of our first days of marriage at Notre Dame-- a wonderful way to start :).  I was glad for D, E and Mom to meet all of our friends and baby friends.
On Saturday we got up early (well, Cody did, as he went for a long run at 7:00 with Peter), and made our way downtown to go to Blue Bicycle Books (no pic), and a walk at Waterfront Park (above);
Followed by a pinic; Then Mom and Cody played tennis for three hours (after his 6 mile run and walk all over downtown!), while Denise and Eva went to see Alice in Wonderland and Sean and I took a nap :).

Denise and Eva made a stop by the mall and came back with treats for all of us, including new stickers for Sean (he loves stickers).  Saturday night we actually got a babysitter (my boss's daughter, Julia), and we all went downtown for a nice dinner and dessert at Kaminskis...mmm.  Sunday found us at early mass, then....

We walked the Ravenel Bridge for a great view of Charleston and some frolicking dolphins!  It was such a beautiful day--perfect temperature, sunny, clear...great.  So, we finished up our exercsise with

a trip to Waffle House (what a great way to negate a 2 mile bridge walk!).  Sean is here with a full bowl of grits, which he did finish by himself.  Eva had her first WH experience with a classic chocolate chip waffle....mmmm.

Then we came home for some relaxing, sunning and painting our nails.  Eva chose bright blue for my toenails which my OB noticed right away at my appointment the next day!

Sunday afternoon brought us over to the Shahid's house for a wonderful baby shower for Brother.  Denise and AA pictured at the shower above, with Gretchen in the background.  We had about 15 people-- a good mix of my family, the Shahid family, work people and local friends to celebrate Brother's impending arrival. 

Finally, Sunday night, was of course, the Oscars.  And with pop culture afficianados Eva and Denise, we watched in style with a nice dinner by Cody, special cocktails by D, and mint-chocolate chip-oreo milkshakes by Eva.  I love this picture :). 

One of the biggest accomplishments of the weekend though, was Eva teaching Sean how old he is.  In one day Eva (blue fingernails above) taught Sean to lift one little baby finger when she asked "Sean, how old are you?"  By Monday Sean went into Eva's room to wake her up and just stood by her bed holding up a "1."  So sweet. 

3 comments:

Denise said...

I'm glad you have it all recorded! Maybe Sean will peruse his blog someday.

Denise said...

I love Sean's smile in the first picture and the one of him lounging...he's obsessed with those rainbow chairs!

Patrick said...

Erin,

I love reading your blog. It's great to see how well things are going for you, Cody, Sean and baby #2. Lee and I will be in Charleston for Lauren's graduation in May. We'll definitely need to plan a get-together.