Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer 2011 Catch-Up Part 2

I'm still catching up on all the wonderful events of our summer, including a pretty big one-- Sean's birthday.  I realize this post is about 2 months late, but it was such a wonderful day I had to document it--better late than never. 

If you've lost track of how old Seannie turned on his birthday this year-- see the next few photos.  This has been his pose for most of the summer:





Still can't fingure it out?  He turned f-wee.  That comes after two, and is officially big-boy territory.   For weeks leading up to the big-3 he had been telling us that when he's 3 he'll stop sucking his thumb.  On his 3rd birthday he did not suck his thumb during his nap.  His nap was drastically shortened because he couldn't get back to sleep, but I was really impressed with his self-will not to give in.  That lasted one afternoon.  For the next 2 weeks at every nap and every night-time he said, "I will stop sucking my thumb tomorrow."   We've been waiting for "tomorrow" for 2 months now.

Some shots from his party:


Sean asked for very few things for his birthday, but one was a George Cake.  This was the final decision after waffling between a George Cake, a Rosary Cake, a Tank-Top Cake and a Shark Cake.  I was happy with his decision.


Sean with his presents, and the inspiration for a "Tank Top Cake."

After a George Cake, Sean asked for only two things for his birthday, a kaleidascope and a fishing pole. 

What a lucky little boy!

Carrying on a tradition my siblings had, I had Sean pick out a present for Jamesie on Sean's birthday, as a way to say "I love you."  Sean had it in his head that we would get Jamesie a Little Lamb.  We looked and looked and looked, and finally, on the last display in Barnes n Noble, on the last day before the party, we found a soft little lamb.  I just thought his idea was so sweet.  And Jamesie loves on his little lamb still-- he kisses and hugs it all the time, even if he throws it out of the crib every night in favor of one on one time with Frogger.

And of course, perhaps one of the best birthday presents for Sean was seeing Beth the Girl.  Although, I think he's catching on that Jamesie likes her too (and maybe Micah).

No comments: