Friday, September 16, 2011

With God, All Things are Possible

Althought its a bit early for Halloween, Sean and I have been brainstorming some theme-costumes for the family lately.  We haven't decided on anything.  This was one of Sean's ideas yesterday though:

Sean:  Maybe I can be Bono for Halloween, and then I will go inside yours and Daddy's radio [pointing to the Ipod] and I can sing, and then God and Jesus can bring me back out again.  Do you think that would be a good idea Mommy? 

Yes, good idea.

And, while I'm at it, I'll share this conversation from yesterday too:

(Tucking Sean in for his nap):
Sean: When I grow up I'm going to sleep in bed with Mommy and Daddy.
Erin: No, when you grow up you'll sleep in a bed with your wife, or just by yourself.
Sean: Why will I sleep in a bed with a wife?
Erin: That's what Mommies and Daddies do when they get married.  So, when you get married to a girl, you will share a bed with her.
Sean: [perplexed look]
Erin:  [preparing myself for a long-winded talk about vocations] You can get married to a girl-- like Greta, or Cora, or Maggie...
Sean: [Dead-pan serious face]: Or Beth.
 [Vocations talk will wait until later].

Sorry, Micah. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

He's so imaginative! In a way it makes sense that he wants to marry a grown-up girl, because babies can't get married.