Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Daily Parenting Wisdom

The other day I got such a nice thank-you note in the mail from a friend of mine who's expecting her first baby.  She said she looks at our blog regularly to pick up any (unintentional) pearls of parenting wisdom.  So, here's one just for you, Carrie:  When your 2 1/2 year old spontaneously says, "I didn't have a pee-pee in my underpants" --  he's lying.  When he spontaneously says "I don't have to go pee-pee" -- he's lying.  Both good opportunities to talk about the concept of telling the truth. 

1 comment:

Lea said...

Hey Erin! This is Lea Buck, I'm Meg's friend from Clemson. You and I may have met at some point before... Anyway, we are expecting our first in just a few weeks and Meg turned me on to your blog when I wrote a post on our own blog about deciding to cloth diaper. I loved your cloth diapering post you did a few weeks ago, and I have to say your boys are the cutest! And honestly I am so impressed with Sean's intelligence--the comments that he makes are so logical and simple yet profound. I am amazed! (I am a Pediatrics PA by the way, so I do have some perspective on most 2 year old boys! :) ) Just wanted to drop you a line to say I really enjoy your blog! Keep it up! :)